Tuesday, June 8, 2010

It's a boy! No, it's a girl! Wait, it's a...cat?

I have strange dreams. You'll come to realize that about me. Blame it on eating something before bed, watching an episode of Dexter, or the random firing of synapses in my brain, but some completely weird things project during my slumber.

I dreamed that the boyfriend (we'll just call him BF for short) and I were having a baby. We decided to let the baby's gender be a surprise. At a family get-together I went into labor. It was quick and somewhat painless, and I had the baby right there in the living room. To my surprise BF wasn't holding a boy or a girl, but a cat. A cat. Well technically, a kitten. I loved that tiny animal like it was my own. Thankfully my twisted and warped mind turned the kitten into a beautiful baby boy. Granted, he went from a kitten to a one year old, but at least he was human.

I texted a few girlfriends when I woke up this morning--ok, this afternoon--and told them about the dream. S asked if it was cute. Was it cute?! With eggs like these, how could you not have a cute baby?

Hopefully this isn't an omen that I'm going to be a crazy cat lady when I get older, with numerous cats that I consider my own children, pushing them around the neighborhood in a baby carriage. No, I won't be like the couple in the neighborhood.who pushes their tiny dog around in a stroller; but that is another story.

1 comment:

  1. LOL I love you and your crazy dreams! ~ BD

    ReplyDelete